The 2016 Jubilee Strategic Planning Leaders Forum celebrates the fifth anniversary of the Forum Green Day that will be held in the context of the 2017 Year of Ecology of Russian Federation (according to the Presidential Decree of January 5, 2016). Forum Green Day focuses on presentation and discussion of the best international and Russian practices of implementation, alignment and management of strategic plans taking into account modern trends of globalization and greening the economy. The central theme of the discussion will be development of the concept and action plan on transition of the Russian Federation to the green economy and also removing barriers to this transition.
In what conditions the green technologies could be the drivers of economic growth and human wellbeing? How to attract investors to invest in the green economy? How to encourage business to implement energy saving technologies and take care of people’s health? How to make the cities comfortable, accessible, safe, livable, work and investment friendly?
The focus will be on enhancing the effectiveness of state regulation and coordination of the authorities actions aimed at upgrading the resource and environmental legislation and the comprehensive implementation of tools to provide conditions for the transition of cities and regions of Russia to sustainable development, socially-oriented, based on innovations, eco-friendly economy taking into account the best international practices:
- Development of the concept and action plan of the Russian Federation and of transition to "green" economy,
- Presentation of best practices of sustainable/green development and green branding of cities and regions:
• Instruments to stimulate green investments in infrastructure (energy, transport, water supply system of the building, and so on);
• Greening of public procurement mechanisms, establishment of regional environmental funds, environmental certification system;
• Implementation of resource-saving technologies in housing construction, projects of old industrial areas transformation, transformation of public spaces into the modern, green, eco-friendly and comfortable to live;
• Development of environmental culture and promotion of sustainable consumption.
Organizers: Committee for Nature Use, Environmental Protection and Ecological Safety of St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, Union of Architects of Russia, Association of Interregional Socio-Economic Cooperation "Central Federal District", Nordic Council of Ministers, Council of Municipalities of St. Petersburg, ICSER Leontief Centre
This module displays only registered moderators and speakers. Download the full version of the Concept: Concept
Committee for Nature Use, Environmental Protection and Ecological Safety. Deputy Chairman
OJSC St. Petersburg Technopark. Project Consultant